Bobby Margot (ボビー・マルゴ Bobī Marugo) is a supporting character that appears in the Macross Frontier television series and its film adaptations, Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress and Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye. He is the highly capable and flamboyant helmsman of the Macross Quarter, which is part of the private military firm, S.M.S.
Personality & CharacterEdit
Bobby is the flamboyant helmsman of the Macross Quarter. He loves telling jokes and offering relationship advice to various members of the crew. He's quite close to Ozma Lee and Catherine Glass, and is well aware of the lingering feelings between the two officers. He feels protective towards Ozma's ward, Ranka Lee, and considers her a little sister of sorts.
Bobby loves to sing karaoke, and does so on the bridge from time to time. He can often become quite hot-headed during combat situations, and has pulled off several daring maneuvers against the Vajra.
According to the Frontier novelization, Bobby was a graduate of Dalmatian High School on the planet Eden, and belonged to the football club and served as quarterback, being known as the "The Black Devil of Dalmatian High School". He came out as gay to a girl friend who had feelings for him, saying he wanted to honest with his way of life.
Prior to his life in the S.M.S., he was a legendary make-up artist. He was also previously an officer at the New United Nations Spacy. While he understood that Ozma Lee is heterosexual, he still considers him his "heart lover".
After Ranka Lee's career took off, he took it upon himself to be her make-up artist and career advisor.
- Ozma Lee
- Bobby has unrequited feelings towards Ozma Lee.
- Catherine Glass
- Despite being dismissive of her in the beginning, the two develop a rapport and later became each other's confidant.
- Ranka Lee
- As Ranka is Ozma's little sister, Bobby is very over protective of her and reacts aggressively to N.U.N.S. personnel whom he thinks may be exploiting her.
- Macross Quarter Operators
- Bobby loves gossiping with his Quarter's bridge officers Monica Lang, Mina Roshan and Ram Hoa.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- The inspiration for the character came after Shōji Kawamori visited Gay Town in San Francisco during a research trip.
- ↑ Koda Ukyo, Macross Frontier Vol. 1 Crow Encounter, p. 314.
- ↑ Macross F Episode 9 "Friendly Fire".
- ↑ Special Interview General Director Shōji Kawamori “Macross F OFFICIAL FILE (2)” page 26.
Macross Frontier characters
|S.M.S.||Ozma Lee | Alto Saotome | Luca Angelloni | Michael Blanc | Canaria Berstein | Klan Klang | Nene Rora | Raramia Rerenia | Henry Gilliam ||
|New United Nations Spacy||Jessica Blanc | Major Ohgotwhai | Major Ohgotwhai's Advisor | Tehmzin | Machida|
|Macross Quarter||Jeffery Wilder | Catherine Glass | Bobby Margot | Monica Lang | Mina Roshan | Ram Hoa|
|Diva||Sheryl Nome | Ranka Lee|
|Macross Galaxy||Grace O'Connor | Brera Sterne|
|Frontier Presidency||Howard Glass | Leon Mishima|
|Others||Nanase Matsuura | Miranda Merin | Ranshe Mei | Mao Nome | Richard Birler | Elmo Kridanik | Ranzō Saotome | Yasaburō Saotome | George Yamamori | Ai-kun | Ōsanshōō-san|