Technology & Combat Characteristics
- Missile Falcon Sprint System.
- Also known as the Super Long-Range Anti-Aircraft Missile System.
- 4RIM-116 RAM Mk49 Launcher
- Comes equipped with four. Also known as Anti-Aircraft Close-range Automatic Missile Launchers.
- 20mm Vulcan phalanx CIWS
- A close-in weapon system for defense against anti-ship missiles.
Space War I
The CVS-101 Prometheus was present in the waters of South Ataria Island on February 7, 2009. When Captain Global, via First Lieutenant Hayase, ordered all fighters to scramble, some of the VF-1A Valkyries took off from the Prometheus. Later that day, during the calm before the battle, Regult Battle Pods had splashed down in the sea 30 clicks ahead of the Macross. When informed of this by First Lieutenant Laird, Captain Global gave orders to call the Prometheus to send some patrol helicopters. Luckily, First Lieutenant Hayase had already done that. When the Skull Squadron later from battle, Skull Leader Roy Focker was pleased to learn from First Lieutenant Hayase that Hikaru managed to make an emergency landing and told the rest of his squadron to head back to the Prometheus. (SDFM: "Boobytrap", "Countdown"")
In the Do You Remember Love? movie that chronicles the events of Space War I, the Prometheus did not dock to became the left arm of the SDF-1 Macross. Instead, its wreckage and the SLV-111 Daedalus's wreckage were discovered by Misa Hayase and Hikaru Ichijyo after they are transported to a location on barren planet they later discover to be somewhere on Earth .
- ↑ Macross Perfect Memory Page 148
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Macross Chronicle Revised Edition 08/08/2013 Page 1
- ↑ Macross TV Series Liner Notes | AnimEigo
- ↑ The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?