Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
With a total length of 250 meters, and an operational mass of 1,200 tonnes, the Northampton-class are smaller than the carrier-class ships they usually protect. They are more mobile and stealthy, and operate in large numbers. They are also often used for reconnaissance missions.
A modified version of this class is sometimes referred to as the Bolognese-class.
- Bifors Anti-Air Anti-Ship Beam Guns, Rammington Anti-Air Laser Guns, Bifors Anti-Ship Missile Systems, others.
- unknown number of VF-11C Thunderbolt variable fighters (Macross 7 Fleet)
- 37 x VF-171 Nightmare Plus variable fighters (Macross Frontier Fleet)
By 2045, over 9,000 Northampton Class Stealth Space Frigates built. The class was still in mass production as of 2059, by which time it was the most common type of spaceship constructed by humanity.
Macross 7 FleetEdit
- 37th Long Distance Colony Fleet had 120 ships of that class, including:
- Bolognese 003
- Bolognese 005
- Bolognese 006
- Carla 009
Macross Frontier FleetEdit
- Known ships in the 55th Long Distance Colony Fleet included:
- Glendale FFM-805
- Amagi FFM-860
- Century FFM-796
- Eden FFM-810
- Arc Broom FFM-832
- Bluewhale FFM-866
Macross 30: The Voice that Connects the GalaxyEdit
|Macross Plus Mechanics|
VF-1J Valkyrie | VF-11B Thunderbolt | VF-11B Super Thunderbolt | VF-14 Vampire | YF-19 | YF-21
|Vehicles and Support Units|
Drone Fighter | X-9 Ghost
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Guantanamo-class | SDF-1 Macross | Northampton-class | SB-10/10 Starwing | Uraga-class