The final rollout of the original VF-1 Valkyrie in A.D. 2020 marked the end of mass production for the variable fighter made famous in Space War I. In the decades that followed, the VF-1 Valkyrie was removed from active service in most branches of the United Nations Military. The only new variable fighters built from the VF-1 airframe were commercial versions such as the VT-1C Commercial Valkyrie and construction vehicles used in shipyards. Those few VF-1 Valkyries still in active service in the late 2040s went through a refit program, with capabilities that could at least match a VF-11B Thunderbolt.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
This modernized Valkyrie was re-designated the VF-1X Plus and was overhauled with upgraded materials, avionics and power plants. The new systems had to be accommodated within a variable fighter frame not designed for such modern technology and as a result added some 600 kg to the vehicle for a total variable fighter weight of 13.85 metric tons. However, two Shinnakasu Heavy Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2079J thermonuclear turbine engines improved the performance of the VF-1 considerably with a combined 7,000 kg of additional thrust. The added thrust not only improved acceleration of the VF-1X, but also increased the maximum velocity of the fighter mode. Though the VF-1X Valkyrie Plus still underperformed relative to the current variable fighters of the late 2040 era, the old Valkyrie was upgraded sufficiently to once again operate practically on the modern battlefield.
- VF-1X-Plus Valhalla III Machine
- In Macross Digital Mission VF-X, set in A.D. 2047, a number of VF-1X-Plus had been stationedby the assault carrier Valhalla III. The aircraft sported a red and black color scheme with white accents, similar to Hikaru Ichijyo's VF-1A Valkyrie in the film The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?. The VF-1X-Plus also had an unlockable Maximilian Jenius version in-game.
- VF-1X-Plus Ravens Machine
- Set in A.D. 2050, Macross VF-X2 reintroduced the VF-1X-Plus as part of the VF-x Ravens rose of VF. It has a sand brown color scheme similar to the VF-1A Valkyrie mass production model, although there is a yellow, black and white version similar to the VF-1S Valkyrie as well. They can be armed with a Super Pack and armored pack.
- VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose
|Macross VF-X2 Mechanics|
VA-3M Invader | VB-6 König Monster | VF-1X Valkyrie Plus | VF-1X Super Valkyrie Plus | VF-11B Thunderbolt | VF-17D Nightmare | VF-19A Excalibur | VF-22S Sturmvogel II | VF-5000B Star Mirage
|Vehicles and Support Units|
Einstein-class | Factory Satellite | Hollywood-class | Macross-class | New Macross-class | Riviera class | Saratoga II | Sunny Flower class | Three-Star class
|Black Rainbow / Vindirance / Critical Path Corporation|
ADR-04-Mk.X Destroid Defender | Annabella Lasiodora | Fz-150 Feios Valkyrie | Gjagravan-Va | Glaug | MBR-04-Mk.VI Destroid Tomahawk | Regult | SDR-04-Mk.XII Destroid Phalanx | VA-3M Invader | VF-1X Valkyrie Plus | VF-11B Thunderbolt | VF-17S Nightmare | VF-19A Excalibur
|Vehicles and Support Units|
AIF-9B Ghost | Drone Fighter | Gnerl | Gunboat | New Macross-class | Rorqual | SB-10/10 Starwing | Vandal